Tuesday 13 April 2010

NEUROLOGICAL SYMPTOMS

Some of my more recent symptoms have been facial tingling, twitching, nerve pain in face and head which responded well to Clarythromycin. More recently I read that restless leg syndrome was considered to be a neurological symptom. Whilst restless leg syndrome were annoying symptoms that kept me awake many hours each night it was the least of my problems, with me my main troubles were Arthritis and Muscle weakness. I think my Neurological problems would be described as Peripheral Neuropathies.

On Eurolyme a chat line many of the other members suffer with severe Neurological problems, some have had MRI scans and some SPECT scans showing abnormalities although their consultants seem rather flummoxed by the results.

Brian Fallon is a leading doctor and researcher in the field of Lyme Borreliosis in Neurology and Psychiatry at Columbia University.

This article on MRI and Spect Scans was brought to my attention and could be useful when discussing scans with our doctors.

I have not visited the Lyme and Tick-borne diseases research centre site for some time and was very surprised how much useful information was there.

I rather liked the simple explanation of the controversy over the diagnosis and treatment of Lyme disease.

For those of us living in the UK, charity Lyme Disease Action has useful information on Lyme disease including Neurology and Psychiatry

No comments:

Post a Comment