Saturday 5 June 2010

DON'T PALLIATATE, STIMULATE!

DON'T PALLIATATE, STIMULATE!

DrTrevorMarshall — 30 May 2010 — Amy Proal speaks at the Ljubljana International Congress on Autoimmunity, on May 6, 2010. Her topic is "Metagenomic Symbiosis between Bacterial and Viral Pathogens in Autoimmune Disease."

This is a fascinating presentation on Auto immune illnesses. Not just Lyme Disease but all auto immune illnesses.

Rheumatoid Arthritis another auto immune illness was being treated on antibiotics and patients were having a response long before Steroids were developed. With the introduction of steroids in 1949 medicine thought they were a wonder drug and now how many thousands of patients around the World are put on these drugs. In my case with Arthritis and muscle weakness steroids clearly worked in reducing inflammation and enabled me to struggle on a little longer in working although at reduced hours and pay. All the time my symptoms progressed through my body not rapidly but insidiously.

Once my doctors realised that it was a bacterial infection Lyme Disease causing my arthritis, Muscle weakness, peripheral Neuropathies, and worst of all Dysphagia then on antibiotic treatment I was eventually able to reduce and then stop steroids and gradually over many months of treatment on just antibiotics I regained my health although I had been retired early on ill health grounds.

It is quite likely that the treatment on steroids suppressing my immune system would have allowed my infection to get a greater hold and thus making my recovery more protracted.

I posted about Dr Brown's work at his clinic here he was treating patients who had Rheumatoid Arthritis for 50 years before his death in the late 1980's. He found that antibiotics long term improved the symptoms of Arthritis. In fact there was research done at Charing Cross Hospital some years back.

I came across Dr Brown's work through www.roadback.org

Road Back foundation says the following on their home page

You have reached a unique resource. The Road Back Foundation's (RBF) Website includes information and support regarding an important and often overlooked treatment option for rheumatic and related diseases. The particular focus here is antibiotic therapy, proven safe and effective in NIH-sponsored clinical trials. Thousands of patients have reported successfully using antibiotics for conditions including rheumatoid arthritis, scleroderma, juvenile rheumatoid arthritis, lupus, dermatomyositis, ankylosing spondylitis, Lyme disease, Reiter's syndrome, mixed connective tissue disease, fibromyalgia and psoriatic arthritis. Results of an international survey of patients documented dramatic results including relief of pain, the lessening of swollen joints and an overall successful return of quality of life.*

No comments:

Post a Comment